Seamus Heaney Poetry Tours Northern Ireland | Personalised Tours
Poet Seamus Heaney (b.1939 d. 2013) was one of Ireland’s best loved public figures and is regarded is one of the world’s greatest poets. This bespoke half-day tour explores Seamus Heaney’s home ground, visiting many of the places that inspired or influenced his work. Your specialist Heaney guide is local man Eugene Kielt, a Blue Badge guide with over 25 years’ experience. He is sensitive, articulate and professional and he will tailor the tour to suit your requirements, whether you are a Heaney novice or a seasoned fan. This is the original Tour of Seamus Heaney Country and it is a TourismNI Accredited 5 STAR tour. You will never forget this unique experience.
You can commence this unique and absorbing tour either at the award-winning Laurel Villa Townhouse in Magherafelt, Ireland’s only poetry guesthouse or at the Seamus Heaney HomePlace visitor centre.
Mossbawn – the birthplace and childhood home of Seamus Heaney
The Forge – Where ‘Barney Devlin hammered the midnight anvil’
The Strand at Lough Beg – the setting for Heaney’s elegy for his murdered cousin
Bellaghy Graveyard – the poet’s final resting place
- Eugene Kielt B.A. (Hons.), Certificate in Tour Guiding
- Institute of Tourist Guiding (ITG) London Accredited Blue Badge Guide
- Accredited Tourism Northern Ireland (TNI) Belfast 5 STAR Guide
- Member of N. Ireland Tourist Guide Association
- Seamus Heaney Specialist Guide with over 25 Years’ experience
- Pre-tour consultation to determine client(s) requirements
- Professional guiding fee
- Full Public Liability insurance
- Portable PA system to facilitate hearing of the guide’s commentary
What’s not Included:
- Transportation – this tour is conducted by a non-driver guide in a client provided car/coach
- Entrance fees where applicable
SEAMUS HEANEY WALKING TOUR:
For those who prefer a more localised walking tour, we occasionally offer a Seamus Heaney-themed walking tour of Bellaghy village. It commences at Seamus Heaney HomePlace visitor centre and finishes back there. The itinerary includes a visit to the poet’s grave. This is a walking tour so wear comfortable footwear and suitable clothing. Best suited to over 16s. Minimum numbers apply.
There are no reviews yet.