Why choose Laurel Villa as a base for touring the landscape of your ancestors?
- We are centrally located in the heart of Northern Ireland, making it easier for people to search for and discover different branches of their family tree
- You can use our specialist library of local history books and family history journals to complete your ancestral search
- As locals with a deep sense of belonging we can help you understand your own unique place in history
- We have the special skills required to help you connect with your long-lost family
- You can benefit from our many years of experience in the field of family history
- We will give you 2 hours family history consultation FREE if you stay 2 or more nights at Laurel Villa
- We can offer an in-house family history tour tailored especially for you
So, if you are searching for your Magherafelt, Derry/Londonderry, Tyrone, Irish, Ulster-Scots Ancestors and you choose to stay with us we can provide you with much valuable information and guidance to help in your search. We can make your visit to Ireland a truly memorable and emotional experience. We can make all those documents you’ve collected really come to life.
Perhaps you’re lucky enough to know the name of the home place where your Irish/Ulster-Scots ancestors originated from? Or you may know only that they emigrated from Ireland at some time in the distant past? Either way, we can help you connect with your long-lost family. We have the know-how and the experience to help make it happen. Get in touch with us today and begin your personal journey of discovery.
Laurel Villa is the ideal base for searching your Magherafelt and Northern Irish roots. Your hosts, the Kielt family, have lived in the Magherafelt/ South Derry district for countless generations. We have extensive local knowledge of Magherafelt families and families from other local parishes in Derry, Antrim and Tyrone. Moreover, Eugene is a member of a local historical society and he has given talks on family and local history.