Ancient Proverb: “To forget one’s ancestors is to be a brook without a source, a tree without root.”
Visitors have been coming to Laurel Villa since the 1960’s in search of their Magherafelt and Northern Ireland roots. With our assistance, a great many of them have found their ancestral home and their distant cousins. Our superb 4 Star accommodation in the heart of N Ireland is an ideal base for finding that elusive Irish ancestor. You can also take a 5 Star family history tour designed especially for you!
Why choose Laurel Villa as a base for searching your ancestors?
- We are centrally located in the centre of Northern Ireland, making it easier for people to search for and discover different branches of their family tree
- You can use our specialist library of local history books and family history journals to complete your ancestral search
- As locals with a deep sense of belonging we can help you understand your own unique place in history
- We have the special skills required to help you connect with your long-lost family
- You can benefit from our many years of experience in the field of family history
- We will give you 2 hours family history consultation FREE if you stay 3 or more nights at Laurel Villa
- We can offer an in-house family history tour tailored especially for you
So, if you are searching for your Magherafelt, Derry/Londonderry, Tyrone, Irish, Ulster-Scots Ancestors and you choose to stay with us we can provide you with much valuable information and guidance to help in your search. We can make your visit to Ireland a truly memorable and emotional experience. We can make all those documents you’ve collected really come to life.
Perhaps you’re lucky enough to know the name of the home place where your Irish/Ulster-Scots ancestors originated from? Or you may know only that they emigrated from Ireland at some time in the distant past? Either way, we can help you connect with your long-lost family. We have the know-how and the experience to help make it happen. Get in touch with us today and begin your personal journey of discovery.
Laurel Villa is the ideal base for searching your Magherafelt and Northern Irish roots. Your hosts, the Kielt family, have lived in the Magherafelt/ South Derry district for countless generations. We have extensive local knowledge of Magherafelt families and families from other local parishes in Derry, Antrim and Tyrone. Moreover, Eugene is a member of a local historical society and he has given talks on family and local history.
- Discover the land of your forebears
- Accredited, professional guide
- May include visits to old homesteads, family churches, schoolhouses, and graveyards*
*Tour itinerary is subject to the extent of the information you have gathered, or is available via other sources
- Pre-tour consultation to identify sites relating to your family history and to determine your requirements
- Professional guiding fee
- Full Public Liability insurance
What’s not Included:
- Transportation – this tour is conducted by a non-driver guide in a car provided by the client
The Laurel Villa Family History tour starts at £140.
Please email us for a quote